Join Chef John as he scrambles up some tasty morning tacos using only ingredients from Saturday's market.
• 1lb Heritage Farm Chorizo
• 1lb King of Crops fingerling potatoes cut into 1/4 inch pieces
• 1/2 dozen Mollyville Farms eggs
• 1&1/2 C water
• Tortillas (not at market)
1. Heat up a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
2. Remove casings from the chorizo.
3. Add chorizo to hot Dutch oven and begin sautéing it until it is cooked through and has a crumbly texture usually between 3-5 minutes. *Note: if you have an exhaust fan now is the time to put it on high.
4. Turn off the heat and when you are ready skim of some of the drippings from the pot. Reserve for use later while scrambling the eggs.
5. Turn heat up to medium high and add potatoes in with the chorizo.
6. Sauté potatoes with chorizo for 1 minute.
7. Add water to just cover the potatoes and turn heat to high for 5 minutes adding more water later if necessary to achieve the desired doneness.
8. After all the liquid had evaporated from the pot and your chorizo potatoes are ready for hot tortillas, make a hole in the middle of the mixture by moving it all to the sides of the pot.
9. Add reserved chorizo fat and with the heat on medium add 6 whisked eggs and scramble them.
10. Taste all elements for final seasoning, then combine and serve on warm corn tortillas with cojita style cheese, Zocalo Salsa, or any of your favorite toppings.